[Server][Map] Duality, A New Cryofall Map

Started by SavingPrivatePyle, December 04, 2020, 11:07:42 PM

SavingPrivatePyle

Update: Version 1.2.0 (R33)
Change log:

Map name changed to "Duality".  More fitting for the appearance of Yin-Yang, and to honor the duo nature of Cryosmall.
Map boundaries increased 1000x800 > 1000x1000.
Added arctic biome!
Added VERY LARGE rad city to arctic biome!  This manmade construct is the largest yet, spanning 6x the area of the preexisting rad exhibits.  Warm clothing is required here as well as radiation protection.  You will have to balance your equipment to be successful.  There is plenty of cover and loot, encouraging this point of interest as a PvP zone.
Decreased the spawn buffer for brood nests so that a viable amount is permitted to spawn (arctic zone is much smaller than on official map).
Moved blue herbs from boreal biome to arctic biome.  They are attracted to low altitude, high moisture, low disturbance.
Added mineable boulders and gatherable stone piles to arctic beach zone.
By popular demand, added Copper mines to arctic biome mountains.
Lowered the amount of crate loot by ~33% and redistributed it to the arctic rad city.  The total amount of crate loot on the map should be similar, but less of it is "easy access".
Updated appearances for NE+SW residential "neighborhood" style rad towns.
Minor styling updates.

Lurler

Mars

I would add some zones in it for HardcoreDesert mod if you don't mind.

SavingPrivatePyle

Quote from: Mars on November 02, 2022, 01:06:21 PM
Of course!

SavingPrivatePyle

Update: Version 1.2.1 (R33)

As the map was designed and intended for groups no larger than 2, I have been notified of a few problems that have emerged with large groups such as those seen on Global.

Change log:
Map boundaries increased 1000x1000 > 1200x1000.
Expanded Boss Island.  There are now 1 > 4 access points onto the island as well as 1 > 3 areas of approach to the boss pit.
Added terrain buffer around the inland boss pit to prevent adjacent player building and having a stranglehold claim on area control.
A tunnel has been built through the mesas south of the inland boss pit to allow for an additional area of approach.

hamiltonrex

Does anyone know tell me if there's a way I can add this map without showing it in the mod list? :'(

ai_enabled

@hamiltonrex, hello!
Every map is considered a modification. This is because we cannot guarantee that a user-created map is completeΓÇöthat it has all the biomes, resource spots, boss areas, etc as necessary to properly play and complete the game.
Besides, about this particular map (Duality)ΓÇöwhile it offers every necessary feature, it's actually not a single map but a mod to the game. It contains new scripts (code) to define new resource areas and change the resource spawn algorithms (e.g. there are dedicated Sulfur spring areas which are not available in the vanilla game, there are several such scripts included).

Regards!

jerkyhorseman

Quote from: Mars on November 02, 2022, 01:06:21 PM

It was difficult to track down a map of this type.