Block inside view of enemy bases

Started by woux, February 02, 2020, 06:47:41 AM

woux

Hi,

I have been in this game for a while now. For now I am testing mechanics on PVE servers, but I would like to make the leap to PVP in the next wipes.

That is why, I have already been watching videos from PVP servers. To see how the raids are.

With this I have realized that the attackers can see at all times what is there (chests, etc.) and who is inside the enemy base, being able to know which part to attack first, whether or not the defenders are in the base, whether or not they are disconnected, etc. This is an advantage for attackers, because they can center their explosives in the weakest areas or with more loot from the beginning.

A possible suggestion I think would be to block the view of the interior of the enemy bases, not being able to see beyond the wall or exterior doors until they pass through it and so on with each wall or door that is inside. It is logical that a person if he has a wall or door in front, does not see what is on the other side. In this way, the attackers should try to intuit where there may be the best loot inside the base, or directly whether or not it is worth raidear a base.

As I said, I have been in the game for a while now and I don't know if this has been commented previously. But I think it would be a requirement of any survival game where you can be raided.

Finally, congratulate the game developers for their excellent work and listen to their community of players.

Sorry for my English, since it is not my native language.

Thanks in advance and greetings.

Jburg46

Its been brought up a few times. Bombs are currently too expensive to just bomb blindly. Especially on 1x servers.

ai_enabled

Hello, woux!
Jburg is correct. It will make raiding much less predictable. Considering the very high raiding cost, it will result in a very hard to balance risk/reward ratio. There are few other concerns too...
I think when we implement a base shield (offline raiding protection) http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1448.msg7973#msg7973 we will be able to rebalance the game for online-raiding and reduce the costs of bombs dramatically. Then we can consider the idea you've proposed.

Regards!

woux

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

As I said, I speak from ignorance yet. I still have a lot to play.

If it is so expensive to raid right now, it is normal for now that some help be given to the attacker as well.

Interesting proposal of the shield ^^