A27 energy weopons

Started by MGS, July 06, 2020, 12:20:17 PM

MGS

Im still undecided about the HT requirements but..

Ive tested the actual weapons took them to NE volcano killed different type of creep.

Laser Pistols is fekking AWESOME and if i can gauge the ease of gold gain compared to a26, it will probably be my weopon of choice. Its like an a26 laser rifle but seems stronger ( your going to nerf it arent you...)

Laser rifle is ok... but since laser pistol is better in use AND cheaper. Laser pistol will be the new rifle

--------

Suggestion, im not a game dev so these are just throw away ideas....maybe they will inspire you to another idea.

Give the a27 energy rifle the stats of the a27 laser pistol

Make the the laser pistol a charge weopon, the longer you hold down the more damage it does (to a point) and revert it to a slower shot laser.

OR

Same charge concept but instead of firing a single more damaging shots, shoots a multitide of laser beam when fully charged/held down.

OR

Clicking a creep lock the player while laser charges then shoots a single high damage beam. That OTK's say something with the hp of wolf

OR

Keep things as they are in a27 but give the laser rifle a chance to stun an enemy say every 3 shots.

Im going to be totally honest, in the current iteration i really like the laser pistol. If the rate of gold gain has gone easier and thus making HT parts easier, this will be the weapon i will use.

Basically in my humble opinion the laser rifle will be a26 version of laser pistols and ignored as things are.

So rather than turning the laser pistol (cool art design!)
In to what used to be the laser rifle; Give one of them a comepletey different/fun mechanic.

MGS

This has been playing on my mind and i think i got the easiest solution.

The current stats that the laser pistol has, give it to the laser rifle.

The laser pistols, make it more like the current laser rifle, (maybe lower the damage slightly and make it fire a bit faster.)

And then...

The big change? Remove HT parts from the laser pistol. Or drop it to 1 HT.

The outcome will be, the laser rifle will be the more powerful weopon and people will want it. But if your low on gold people will opt for the inferior pistol. So they both will get a use.

______

Also with energy weopons i have not touched on plasma weopons. These are fine as they are.

I do also have a gripe with the laser sword, IMO it sucks cause its range is poor you cany even kite with it. Machette is far superior.

I can kill almost everything with the machette even scorpions and fire lizards with no armor.

It just needs a slight tweak, just make it slightly longer, reduce the damage if you have to but increase the length. It uses a gem , it SHOULD be OP.

Lurler

Yes, basically now laser pistol is the old laser rifle, that's correct :) But the balance is obviously changed.
The new rifle, however also has its role and that is - higher range, damage and armor penetration. It doesn't have as high DPS, but it has its uses.

Yes, HT components are now easier to craft, it requires less gold. And with the meteorite event (from previous version) the gold is also a bit more accessible. Other recipes have also been change. So in general I'd say HT components are at least twice as easy to get.

ai_enabled

We've considered and it's a good idea to add some stun effect for laser rifle to make it more useful.
Let's see how it plays when we release a patch for the experimental version today.

Regards!

MGS

Really really pleased with energy weopons right now.

I have tested it over 8 hours repeatedly clearing the NE volcano.

I can say the laser pistol and laser rifle feel unique now, im not sure if the lighting was different before but i only noticed it now.

The laser rifle is great for sniping from a distance and when enemies close in switch to the pistol for some burst damage.

I think the laser rifle might be slighlty on the OP side though.

See what other people have to say too, if u think it is OP.  My idea is to give it an over heat mechanic, where when you shoot with it repeatedly say five shots in a row; the gun over heats and needs a few secs to cooldown.

alternatively an easier solution might be to lower the fire rate slightly.