Odd problem with new class of mech

Started by MightyMonte88, December 07, 2020, 02:44:19 PM

MightyMonte88

Hey i added a new mech called Scout, it's simply just a reskinned skipper ( made sure to keep the magenta dots) and no matter what i do, the light/heavy autocannon places incorrectly on the mech...what am i doing wrong to cause this? It also seems to use a different texture than the one i have supplied in the folder with the mech textures

I've uploaded a screenshot of what's happening

https://ibb.co/rFWhw8V

ai_enabled

Hello,
the pivot point of the weapon/turret is determined by a single magenta-colored pixel (#FF00FF) in PNG sprite that is used as an easy way for our artist to setup how attachments should be aligned relative to the slots. This system is used not only for mech turret slots but also for player item in hand, cloth, etc.

The magenta pixel is masked when the texture is loaded (by mixing the value of the neighbor pixels) so it never appears in the game, but you can see it on the original sprites.

Regards!
Regards!

MightyMonte88

I thought i had maintained all of the magenta dots, but your right i missed one. when replacing my textures with vanilla the gun places correctly, again big help AI, thank you so much.