Modding problem

Started by Zangulus, May 06, 2021, 09:58:03 AM

Zangulus

Hello, I am trying to make a mod, but having trouble with it:

I followed the Steam tutorial to make my first mod, and I've gotten as far as making an empty mod that loads into the game. I verify this through logs and console. However, if I try to do *anything* with the mod, it never seems to work. To test this further, I downloaded the RecipeNotification mod from this forum, and it will not work either, despite showing up in the console. However, RecipeNotification works just fine if I load it into a regular CryoFall game. I am able to use it just fine, just not in the CryoFall_Editor.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Things I've done:
Placed the Mods in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CryoFall Editor\Mods

Edited ModConfig.xml in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall Editor

Run CryoFall_Editor.exe from D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CryoFall Editor

Checked the logs: I only see Core under Mods list.

Console: I see "Mods catalog initialized. Available files:" and it lists the Core, editor, RecipeNotification, and my Mod.

Can anyone help me out?

ai_enabled

Hello!
It sounds like there is a problem with ModsConfig.xml file.
Please delete all the log files, configure the ModsConfig.xml and launch the Editor. Check the generated log as it will contain any errors that it has with the ModsConfig.xml.
Also, please note that all mods should be either packed or unpacked, you cannot mix the formats.

Regards!

Zangulus

Thank you for the quick reply. I uninstalled both CryoFall and CryoFall editor, made sure to remove all config files for both, and then reinstalled both.

After doing so the CryoFall_Editor config files moved to AppData/Local instead of under Documents. After finding that and adding my mod to the ModConfig.xml there, it started loading and working.

However, as a bug report, I've noticed both CryoFall_Editor.exe and CryoFall_Compiler do not shut down properly when I close the program. I will routinely find multiple copies of both still running in the background.

ai_enabled

QuoteI've noticed both CryoFall_Editor.exe and CryoFall_Compiler do not shut down properly when I close the program. I will routinely find multiple copies of both still running in the background.
Indeed, this happens sometimes with Editor. There are some odd issues with the process finalization in .NET Framework that we were unable to resolve, sadly.
It's using .NET Framework 4.7.2 instead of .NET 5 Runtime (like the game client and server), we're yet to rewrite it for the latest .NET.

Regards!