Chat channels

Started by Karsthans, March 16, 2021, 02:19:50 PM

Karsthans

Hi,

I think had post about this before but think had no reply, since is issue that comes up every week or so and since its been a while here goes, servers have many different player languages on them and not all try and use factions and local to type in non English, now English is not my native language first of all, but I block players spending hours in global chatting in anything but English, end up blocking 75% of servers at times, even if they are sometimes half the server using non English, the other half cant make out what they are saying and I think that is a) rude b) annoying c) starts a lot of arguments over nationality rivalries and d) is in my opinion fault of the single, well there's trade but still, global channel. I am not sure if there is some technical reason behind limited chat options in game but would be helpful to have multiple channels, sorted by most popular languages in each server or possibility to form custom servers and invite players, not counting group, to small and faction that most are small private faction so are not alternative for custom chat channels.

note: not a priority but does have some significance since causes a lot of arguments in game

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Yes, we saw the previous topic.
Currently, CryoFall doesn't have the capability to provide the creation of custom channels (aka chat rooms). The game is not Discord, unfortunately. But eventually, we may consider adding this feature to help players create new chat rooms and browse chat rooms created by other players.

Regards!