Cryofall | Player Bases Raided by Aliens

Started by HeavenlyFriend, September 01, 2020, 08:49:18 AM

HeavenlyFriend

Greetings everyone,

I want to share an idea I have involving alien invasion/base raids.  I play on the NA PVE server. Apart from aesthetics, there is not much purpose for having walls or defenses for the base, so far as I can tell.  I also see a need for greater late game content.  I had an idea that might help with both of these things:

1. Player bases are awarded a value based on the advancement level of and number of structures in the base.
2. The system randomly chooses a player base, being much more likely to select a base of high value, and counting out bases below a certain threshold (to protect new players / fledgling bases)
3. The selected base is attacked by an alien force.  The invaders attack all structures. 
4. Players will need to protect their bases with walls / auto-turrets / and robots.
5. Other players can come to the rescue to help defend the player's base.
6. Unique resources/loot are gained from the aliens.
7. Any player can repair any other player's structures they have access to and in doing so receive "Good Samaritan" tokens that can be exchanged for special items.
8. Just to be clear, the player does not have to be logged in and playing to have their base attacked.
9. The alien invaders do not attack until the base is completely wiped out or they're defeated. . . perhaps they'll simply leave after so much time passes (15-30 minutes?)

Thank you for taking the time to consider this suggestion. 

God bless you all :)

HeavenlyFriend

Lurler

Thank you for sharing.

We were actually thinking of ways to add more excitement to PvE mode by introducing some kind of attacks on player bases. Though, we don't know when we can add that because there is just too much other stuff we have to finish first, especially recently with the whole modding thing :)

But thank you for your ideas!

hassanderhasser420

What if there would be a tax system that you had to pay to a faction ruling over the planet. As long as you pay your taxes you are safe from the attacks but if you don't pay those taxes the attacks start. The taxes would be determined by the value of the base as OP mentioned. There could also be taxes for groups (where the tax rate exponentially increases with higher player numbers) to incentivize solo players and smaller groups. This could also motivate players to be more industrious when it comes to the whole trading aspect, as that would be another good source of generating income.

If you guys could balance it to the point where large groups just have so much trouble paying the taxes that it would slow them down enough so that smaller groups can keep up, I think that could really benefit the game.