How do I open a server in nas?

Started by KOR_Rifle, September 10, 2020, 09:44:51 AM

KOR_Rifle

First, i don't speak english well... sry about that..

i have synology nas(DS918+).

[Preparation in Advance]
1 ] connect to hub(router) and NAS IP portforwarding(6000 port)
- and connect to NAS Diskstation, Control Panel > External Access > Router Configuration > Setting local and router port to 6000 (UDP)

2 ] Download Docker App in Synology Package Center.

3 ] Open Docker App. and download registry(atomictorch/cryofall-server:0.27.7.6).

I connected to the NAS with SSH and entered the command below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Server Setup]
1 ] docker run --name cryofall-server-1 --log-opt max-size=10m --log-opt max-file=1 -it -d --rm -p 6000:6000/udp -v cryofall-server-1:/app/Data atomictorch/cryofall-server:0.27.7.6 loadOrNew\

2 ] find / -name "cryofall-server-1"
- my cryofall server data create in "/volume1/@docker/volumes/cryofall-server-1/_data"

3 ] cd /volume1/@docker/volumes/cryofall-server-1/_data

4 ] vi ./SettingsServer.xml

5 ] Edit SettingsServer.xml below
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<settings version="20">
  <misc>
    <!-- Min logging level: Debug, Info, Important, Warning, Error -->
    <min_log_severity>2</min_log_severity>
    <!-- Language -->
    <language></language>
  </misc>
  <network>
    <!-- Network port address (default 6000) -->
    <port>6000</port>
    <!-- Is this a public server? (setting the value to 1 will add it to the public server list) (0/1) -->
    <is_public_server>0</is_public_server>
    <!-- (Pro-feature only) Your server domain address like "myserver.com".Master server will verify it and if it matches the server IP address, it will be provided to the clients instead of IP address. (leave it empty if you want clients to simply connect to the server IP address) -->
    <public_server_host_name></public_server_host_name>
    <!-- Server private GUID (do NOT copy it to other file and do NOT share it: it's used to identify your server by Master Server regardless of the IP address. (Please note: if another game server is using this private GUID, current server instance will be disconnected from the Master Server and replaced with another server address) -->
    <server_private_guid></server_private_guid>
    <!-- Server public GUID (do NOT modify it: it's assigned by Master Server and you CAN share it with players to make it easier to connect to your server via Custom servers list) -->
    <server_public_guid></server_public_guid>
    <!-- (Pro-feature only!) Server network interface IP address (please leave the default value 0.0.0.0 to bind to all the network interfaces) -->
    <ip>XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX</ip> #myip
    <!-- (Pro-feature only!) Custom master server network port address (default 0 - the server will use a random port) -->
    <master_server_client_port>0</master_server_client_port>
  </network>
  <server>
    <!-- Server name. Please keep it short (max 64 chars) -->
    <name>Rifle</name>
    <!-- Server description. Please keep it short (max 350 chars). Can include links to websites -->
    <description>Short server description.</description>
    <!-- Server welcome message. Will be displayed on login. Write server rules here or anything you like. Max length 4096 chars. Please note: you could EDIT this right in the game after connecting to this game server (you need to be added to the server operators list). The "Edit" button is available in "Current Game" menu. -->
    <welcome_message>
        Welcome to your new server!
        [br][br]
        This is the default welcome message for all new servers. You can edit this text in the [b]SettingsServer.xml[/b] configuration file. There are a few other things you might want to change there as well.
        [br][br]
        You can also use text formatting here. [b]Bold[/b], [u]underscore[/u], bullet points to create lists and "br" tags to start a new line.
        [br][br]
        You might also want to include server rules. For example:
        [*]Don't use profanity.
        [*]Don't KOS.
        [*]Don't grief.</welcome_message>
    <!-- Server framerate (recommended 40; on low spec hardware can be set to 20; for super-fast and/or low population servers can be set to 60) -->
    <fps>40</fps>
    <!-- How often physics updates are sent to the players per second. Affects the game latency. Recommended 20, at least 10 for smooth movement required, higher than 30 is not necessary but might be useful for fast-paced deathmatch game servers. It's better to keep the value in an exact ratio to the FPS setting (1:1, or 1:2 when every second server frame results in a physics network update). -->
    <fps_network_physics_update>20</fps_network_physics_update>
    <!-- Max online players count (new clients will be unable to connect if the server is full) -->
    <players_max_count>5</players_max_count>
    <!-- Auto-save interval (in minutes) -->
    <autosave_interval>60</autosave_interval>
    <!-- How many backup copies should be stored for the savegame. Please keep the number reasonable - you don't actually need to have this number very high and every savegame is about 20-30 MB! Min number: 3. Max number: 100. -->
    <save_backups_count>25</save_backups_count>
    <!-- Slot ID (a number) for the savegame (you can have multiple slots each one with the unique world -->
    <savegame_slot_id>0</savegame_slot_id>
    <!-- Comma-separated list of server operators (users with admin access). For example: ai_enabled,Lurler,AtomicTorchStudio -->
    <server_operators_list>KOR_Rifle</server_operators_list>
    <!-- Comma-separated list of server moderators (users with moderator access). No need to specify server operators here as they have moderators access anyway. For example: YourNickname,YourFriendNickname -->
    <server_moderators_list></server_moderators_list>
  </server>
</settings>

6 ] After i enter Docker, turned off the server, [ServerSetup] repeated step 1.

After then, i turn on the game and click to "Custom Server".
add my IP:Port. but cannot be found my server..
(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:6000)

How can I open my server?

ai_enabled

Hello!

1. If your PC (that you're trying to connect from to your game server) within the same local network as your NAS, you may need to use your NAS local IP addresses in the custom servers list instead of your public IP address. From the server setup guide (https://wiki.atomictorch.com/CryoFall/Server/Setup):
QuoteYou might be unable to connect to the game server from the Community servers list on that PC due to NAT routing even with the proper port forwarding. In that case, simply add your server into the client custom servers list by providing its local IP address (IPv4) and connect to it directly. To get your local IP address please use ipconfig command-line tool or check the network adapter properties in the network center. You need to get the local network IP address of the PC that is hosting the game server. Then add it in the custom servers list on your PC. You can lookup the IP address in the Windows network settings or by using CMD tool called ipconfig in Windows. For example, here we've run the ipconfig tool here and see the IPv4 address as 192.168.1.200 (screenshot (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/421250395298332672/739147674367950908/Screenshot_at_19-48-06.png)). We can use it on any other PC in the local network to connect to that PC hosting the game server.

2. Perhaps the server doesn't operate properly and so it doesn't respond. Please share the server log file in that case. The server log location on your NAS is /volume1/@docker/volumes/cryofall-server-1/_data/Logs

Regards!