cursor lock

Started by Galbak, October 07, 2020, 01:43:18 PM

Galbak

i play on a multiple monitor setup, whenever i click accidently outside of the game display the game loses focus. is it possible to implement a cursorlock function so my mouse cant leave the display im playing on and if have to alt-tab if i want to return to windows.
its kinda annoying when it happens during a pvp encounter.

Khaos

This happened to myself a few times, and continues to happen even after I try to avoid this. However, I do like the ability to use my second monitor for other activities with a pretty seamless transfer. So, I am a little torn with the idea of a cursor lock.

Galbak

the idea is just an option in the menu so u can turn it on and off, maybe even a hotkey to lock or not.

Khaos

a hot key is a great idea.

ai_enabled

Hi guys,

we've prepared a version of the client that will capture the cursor position inside the game window inner space. The borders of the window are considered the outside area so in theory, it should be perfect. It works only when the game window is focused. You can hold a Ctrl key to suspend this feature temporarily (such as when you want to adjust the window size or simply switch to another application without using your keyboard). Currently, there is no in-game option to configure this option (what exact settings players want?) as we need to get initial feedback before considering adding this feature in the game with A29 Update.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think. Open the game properties in Steam Client -> "BETAS" tab and select the new "test-cursor-capture" branch (no password required). Don't mind a 100 MB patch downloadΓÇöthis is due to the binary diff problem that will be resolved with the A29 Update when we will start using a better approach of Core.cpk packing.

Regards!

Galbak

i just tested it, its pretty much exactly as i requested.
for the option in the settings i meant a possibility to turn it on or off, but as you guys made it working with holding ctrl its just fine.
i can imagine some players would like to have the option to change the control you need to press for unlocking the cursor via the controls menu, but for me it's fine as it is.
thanks for the quick action.