Party in multiplayer?

Started by Tibarn, May 11, 2014, 08:29:32 AM

Tibarn

Can you make a party in multiplayer, me and my friend didnt find that function? Is it something that you are going to patch in or is it already working :)
Tibarn the hawk king has spoken

Lurler

Quote from: Tibarn on May 11, 2014, 08:29:32 AM
Can you make a party in multiplayer, me and my friend didnt find that function? Is it something that you are going to patch in or is it already working :)
Hm. What do you mean by party? How would you like it to work?

Tibarn

Hmm, so you can invite your friends, then kill pirates etc together and share exp and like wise quest as a team.
thats the only thing me and my friend miss in this game

Lurler

Well, it is not a MMORPG :) So, we had no plans of implementing party in the way you described.
Although if there is a good reason for it we can of course do it.

Tibarn

You really should it would make it alot more fun to actually play together with your friends, and share exp atleast for killing :)

Lurler

Quote from: Tibarn on May 12, 2014, 03:32:57 AM
You really should it would make it alot more fun to actually play together with your friends, and share exp atleast for killing :)
We will at least try implementing it and see how it plays :)
If it's fun and balanced then sure.

kyokei

If the game has multiplayer (which it has) and you can play with your friends... then battling together and doing missions together should give shared xp.
If for lets say we fight an enemy and I get the last hit, then I will get the full XP and my friend nothing. This will lead to frustrations.
A suggestion might be a party option which gives you the following options:
- mission sharing
- tracking via map? see your friends on your map so you can fly to them? something like that
- shared XP within XXX range. By shared you can think of giving each player half XP + a small bonus (this is with 2 players)
- fast travel/warping to a party member
- shared money/loot from kills, 50/50 in this case

Tibarn

Quote from: kyokei on May 12, 2014, 07:27:31 AM
If the game has multiplayer (which it has) and you can play with your friends... then battling together and doing missions together should give shared xp.
If for lets say we fight an enemy and I get the last hit, then I will get the full XP and my friend nothing. This will lead to frustrations.
A suggestion might be a party option which gives you the following options:
- mission sharing
- tracking via map? see your friends on your map so you can fly to them? something like that
- shared XP within XXX range. By shared you can think of giving each player half XP + a small bonus (this is with 2 players)
- fast travel/warping to a party member
- shared money/loot from kills, 50/50 in this case
I dont care about the quest thing since, killing quest would be done together anyways, loot doesnt matter that much either just loot one and pass next. But as you are saying both me and my friend did get alittle frustrated when the one doing killing blow got all the exp, and it made both of us unhappy with that experiance from the game so far. otherwise a really nice game

Tibarn

Quote from: Lurler on May 12, 2014, 03:34:31 AM
We will at least try implementing it and see how it plays :)
If it's fun and balanced then sure.
I hope the sharing exp/party option is available in the next patch, would be really nice implementation.
You best regards Mr Hawk King

Lurler

Certainly not in the next patch unless you are okay to wait another month :)

Tibarn

Quote from: Lurler on May 14, 2014, 10:32:10 PM
Certainly not in the next patch unless you are okay to wait another month :)
thats some sad news, but we will continue to play anyway :)