did I break my void expanse or something?

Started by ninekorn, February 17, 2019, 10:05:03 PM

ninekorn

Approx 1 week ago, I deleted all my saved games (120 of them) because they were useless just because I was clicking on save instead of cancel when quitting a server game for testing. Ever since then, some weird stuff is happening with Void Expanse. For instance I now have a "JSON save game error" that popups everytime I start a server.

but foremost, I cannot spawn containers anymore. I can only spawn space_objects with the command:

var id00 = generator.AddContainer(sys_idNPC, depositX, depositY, arrayOfXMLScraps[0], "droplist_empty");

which isn't normal.
BUT if it makes it so that all my space objects now use the <data> options:

<movable>1</movable>
<persistent>0</persistent>
<instanced>1</instanced>
<show_on_map>1</show_on_map>

it's insanely great... except that I still need containers.
I deleted Void Expanse multiple times and resintalled but nothing is coming back to normal. Maybe I changed too many settings in the game that it really messed up the inner core on my side only. Just a thought. Otherwise, is anyone else that is still playing/testing Void Expanse encountering the same issues?

Also, those spaceObjects have a WHITE icon on my map instead of a yellow/orange icon like when spawning containers (if i remember that they are that color) and they aren't even interactible.

I'll probably revert to my Galaxy Market Only Server and re-test everything from scratch. Oh + if I do generator.AddSpaceObjects, and then use
npc.DeviceActivateOnObject(currentObjective.npcID, "device_scrap_metal", currentObjective.scrapID);

in order to activate the device on the space object, the args.target_id gives me a 0 as target ID everytime. But if I spawn a generator.AddContainer instead which in fact still spawns a space object instead of a container, then if i use:
npc.DeviceActivateOnObject(currentObjective.npcID, "device_scrap_metal", currentObjective.scrapID);

on the object, the device gives me the correct target_id... so weird. I'm not dreaming. I'm actually recording this.

EDIT
nevermind... It's actually another kind of bug. The containers are really containers but somehow when I am on the station Interior model, even though it has no colliders, it disables the ability to grapple the container. So I gotta push the container outside of the station interior in order to grab it. I'm gonna try thinking of something to compensate for that. It's as if there's something that checks for the bounds of the station interior and even though it doesnt show the ability to dock, it disables the ability to grapple... But it doesn't do that for the repair station and refuel station.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Regarding the savegame creation error - it seems you're storing in the game database something which doesn't support serialization. Alas, it's hard to tell what's exactly breaking the savegame creation but you can work back from your latest changes which caused the error.

Regarding the crates bug inside your modded "station interior" object - I think there is an interaction trigger conflict as the game client (made with Unity) is detecting the "station interior" object as the interactive object in front - so interaction with other objects is not possible.

ninekorn

Ok thank you. Must be the changes in the barebone scripts that caused this as I've modified a LOT of them in order to do the station mod. I'll go over them soon. thank you ai_enabled