[1.2.1] Local Server Fatal Error

Started by AceHigh2000, April 06, 2015, 10:29:55 AM

AceHigh2000

I'm getting this error message when attempting to jump to certain systems in a single player game. The dialog says that "Something bad happened with the local game server" and suggests loading from a save (which doesn't help) or starting a new game (which is rather unfortunate). Right now it is blocking me from jumping to systems that I need to get to for me to progress in the campaign.

I think this could be mod-related, as I've installed a few mods from Steam Workshop and will try a new game without mods. If the error could be made more detailed, that would aid in troubleshooting.

Pinkeh

From what i can tell it means one of your mods have something that isn't working properly.

I was writing a mod and left heaps of easter eggs and footnotes, which caused the game to try to launch to a non-existent game server or give me this "Local Server Fatal Error" message. When i removed the offending code, it launched just fine.

ai_enabled

If you still have this issue even without mods, could you upload all game logs from /Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Logs on Google Drive or Dropbox and provide the link please?