[Client+Server] Tool and Weapon Repair Station

Started by MikeBigFrog, March 09, 2020, 08:55:47 PM

MikeBigFrog

I'm not a fan of the Tinker Table method of repairing your tools and weapons, so I added a Repair Station. It uses half of the items required to build the original tool to repair it back to 100% durability. It doesn't care what the durability of your current item is, so you can "repair" a 100% durability item thus throwing away those precious resources. It will pull the first item that matches the item to repair from your inventory. If you have 3 iron axes, for example, it will pull whichever is first in your inventory and only repair that one.

This needs to be installed on the server and client.

Download Here (https://www.nexusmods.com/cryofall/mods/3)

Enjoy  :)

Lurler

Nice! :)
I'm sure some people might enjoy it for their community server. And it doesn't even break the balance.

Kallvin

Hello Mike! Amazing mod, though it seems to need a push in update. I was wondering if you were interested in having someone provide a baseline update to bring you back up to speed.

There are also further modifications such as a custom texture change and the addition of many armor recipes, as well as the changes done in lieu of any refactoring that has caused mod incompatibilities with your last update.

If you are interested let me know and I will post the content here.

MikeBigFrog

Have at it! I haven't played the game since I made this mod. It only took me about 45 minutes to make after all lol.

Kallvin

Sounds good Mike, thanks for helping the community out and being a pro! Stay tuned for an update here if you are interested in Mike's mod.

I've refactored some stuff as I was not aware this was going to be public, as such I do not use the same naming conventions so if you were trying to restore from a previous save of some sort you can forget about that. I can release another pure vanilla version but the update brings a couple minor changes.

Kallvin

Mod:  RepairWorkbench V0.1.1

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rp-Z4iG2FKD-3u7xQDO6-Zxs9pgmEriW/view?usp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rp-Z4iG2FKD-3u7xQDO6-Zxs9pgmEriW/view?usp=sharing)

Description:

A reboot of Mike's mod for the current live version of the game. (v0.27.7.30)

Changes:

+ Texture for the workbench changed to a kit-bashed alternate.
+ More recipes (particularly armor) added to the bench with very annoying calculations of dividing the cost of glue in half (rounds down), enjoy the chaos, hate me for it. :)

Requirements:

This mod is a fresh reboot with refactoring please do not use this if you used the prior version of the mod on your desired client/server and contact me here.

+ Clients must place the RepairWorkbench.mpk file in their local directories as well as the server you are playing on.

1. Locate Steam's local mod folder: %userprofile%\documents\AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall\CryoFall\Mods
    (for antivirus issues:  %LocalAppData%\AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall\Mods )

2. Paste RepairWorkbench.mpk into Mods folder.

+ Additionally you need to manually update the ModsConfig.xml (AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall\CryoFall\ModConfig.xml, open with notepad or whatever.)

<mod>RepairWorkbench</mod> within the file.

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<mods>
  <mod>core_1.0.0</mod>
  <mod>RepairWorkbench</mod>
</mods>

Cowa

hello, I have installed your mod, from the log file it is installed but I can't find it inside cryolfall, do you have to unlock the recipe?

thank you

Mars

This mod must be on the server side too, on which server are you playing?

Cowa

Quote from: Mars on May 07, 2021, 09:56:17 AM
This mod must be on the server side too, on which server are you playing?

Hi, I play on official europe 2 PvE

Salvick

-

Salvick

Hello guys!

I've been trying this mod in a local game and I really liked it. So, since two of you were already working on it I made a small contribution in order to add more recipes and fix or tweak some details if you don't mind.

Added Tier 5 weapons and armor, Drones and Controllers, Pragmium Sensor, Biomaterial Collector, Vehicle Weapons, and a bunch more of stuff including the Stun Baton which can be repaired once you unlock the Power Cell recipe at Chemistry T3.

I didn't want to add the Keinite weapons and also skipped the vehicle repairing kit.

If I find the time I'm willing to try a whole new scheme of recipes to make it fit better with each item. So instead of using half resources meant for the original item creation I think it might be cool to have to use weapon parts for guns, mechanical components for some armor and items, and such.

I also updated the current art made by Kallvin which was already nice but just wanted to try something out and this is what I've got:

Download:RepairWorkbenchR30 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jwDGfrT6xg0_wF56qCtKEYYSGqvYS4uS)

**Remember to modify your ModsConfig.xml file to match the mod name and remove the old one if you were already using this mod.**

Example:

<mods>
  <mod>core_1.0.0</mod>
  <mod>RepairWorkbenchR30</mod>
</mods>

Full sumary of changes:

Patch notes 0.1.2   

Added the following repair recipes for R30:

RifleBoltAction
            Rifle10mm
            HelmetNightVisionAdvanced
            GrenadeLauncher
            GrenadeLauncherMulti
            AssaultHelmet
            AssaultArmor
            PragmiumSuit
            SuperHeavySuit
            Flashlight
            PragmiumSensor
            PowerBankStandard
            PowerBankLarge
            DroneIndustrialStandard
            DroneIndustrialAdvanced
            DroneControlStandard
            DroneControlAdvanced
            OilLamp
            WateringCanWood
            WateringCanSteel
            WateringCanPlastic
            WateringCanCopper
            FishingRod
            ToolboxT3
            ToolboxT2
            FuelCellEmpty
            BiomaterialCollector
            SteppenHawkGold
            VehicleAutocannonHeavy
            VehicleAutocannonLight
            VehicleCannonArtillery
            VehicleCannonEnergy
            StunBaton (Repair recipe unlocked with the Power Cell node)

Changed all recipes to use glue on armors and duct tape on weapons.

Updated current art made by Kallvin.

Fixed SteppenHawkGold missing tech nod.

Regards!

Update 5/20/2021: Please note that there was an error with the Rifle300 tech node showing the rifle under the T4 branch, this has been already fixed in the provided download. If you downloaded this mod earlier and found this error just redownload it now and replace the old one.

Update 5/22/2021: At the time of this post update the mod had an error in the header making the mod disappear when launching the game. If you downloaded this mod before the date of this update then download it again.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cowa

Hi, Salvick I tried to install your mod, but with the R30 patch it doesn't work, it is also deleted from the modconfig

Quote from: Salvick on May 19, 2021, 06:31:09 PM
Hello guys!

I've been trying this mod in a local game and I really liked it. So, since two of you were already working on it I made a small contribution in order to add more recipes and fix or tweak some details if you don't mind.

Added Tier 5 weapons and armor, Drones and Controllers, Pragmium Sensor, Biomaterial Collector, Vehicle Weapons, and a bunch more of stuff including the Stun Baton which can be repaired now.

I didn't want to add the Keinite weapons and also skipped the vehicle repairing kit.

If I find the time I'm willing to try a whole new scheme of recipes to make it fit better with each item. So instead of using half resources meant for the original item creation I think it might be cool to have to use weapon parts for guns, mechanical components for some armor and items, and such.

I also updated the current art made by Kallvin which was already nice but just wanted to try something out and this is what I've got:

Download: RepairWorkbenchA30 (https://gofile.io/d/DTjX63)

**Remember to modify your ModsConfig.xml file to match the mod name and remove the old one**

Example:

<mods>
  <mod>core_1.0.0</mod>
  <mod>RepairWorkbenchA30</mod>
</mods>

Full sumary of changes:

Patch notes 0.1.2   

Added the following repair recipes for A30:

RifleBoltAction
            Rifle10mm
            HelmetNightVisionAdvanced
            GrenadeLauncher
            GrenadeLauncherMulti
            AssaultHelmet
            AssaultArmor
            PragmiumSuit
            SuperHeavySuit
            Flashlight
            PragmiumSensor
            PowerBankStandard
            PowerBankLarge
            DroneIndustrialStandard
            DroneIndustrialAdvanced
            DroneControlStandard
            DroneControlAdvanced
            OilLamp
            WateringCanWood
            WateringCanSteel
            WateringCanPlastic
            WateringCanCopper
            FishingRod
            ToolboxT3
            ToolboxT2
            FuelCellEmpty
            BiomaterialCollector
            SteppenHawkGold
            VehicleAutocannonHeavy
            VehicleAutocannonLight
            VehicleCannonArtillery
            VehicleCannonEnergy
            StunBaton (Repair recipe unlocked with the Powerbank Large node)

Changed all recipes to use glue on armors and duct tape on weapons.

Updated current art made by Kallvin.

Fixed SteppenHawkGold missing tech nod.

Regards!

Please note that there was an error with the Rifle300 tech node showing the rifle under the T4 branch, this has been already fixed in the provided download. If you downloaded this mod earlier and found this error just redownload it now and replace the old one.

Salvick

Quote from: Cowa on May 20, 2021, 11:41:17 AM
Hi, Salvick I tried to install your mod, but with the R30 patch it doesn't work, it is also deleted from the modconfig

Hi Cowa. This is a server mod so you'll be able to use it only if the server host also installed it or in your own server either public or local.

If you still encounter any problems please send me a PM or tag me on Discord and I'll be glad to assist you.

jeezy1

Help.  I added the latest mod RepairWorkbenchA30 to modsconfig.xml 

<mods>
  <mod>core_1.0.0</mod>
</mods>

I restarted the server and game,

I also added
RepairWorkbenchA30.mpk to the mods folder.

I can not find the table anywhere or am I missing something. 
I def need help here.

Cautionary_Tale

Quote from: jeezy1 on May 21, 2021, 06:17:35 AM
Help.  I added the latest mod RepairWorkbenchA30 to modsconfig.xml 

<mods>
  <mod>core_1.0.0</mod>
</mods>

I restarted the server and game,

I also added
RepairWorkbenchA30.mpk to the mods folder.

Having the same issues as well. Did steps as outlined, however once I started the game in my local server, my edit and save to ModsConfig.xml disappeared. The mpk is still there though in the Mods folder.