Cement

Started by MGS, July 04, 2020, 02:29:54 AM

MGS

Ok ive got a bear bug with 2 things so far.

First is the change to cement, i agree previously it was too cheap. But now its too expensive, we need to find a middle ground.

Maybe 250 of the 3 resources produces 150 or 100 even or maybe remove sand from the equation.

I have spoken to several people and they all agree its gone too expensive.

Second, now this is not my final comment as i have not yet tested it. But i was dissappointed to see my favourite weopon now cost 5 HT. The energy rifle...

Ive unlocked the tech but didnt get time last night to make one. Some people think that the rate of finding gold has increased? If this is true, it might take the sting out but i completely ignored plasma rifle because of the gold cost in a26. Im hoping as a tradeoff the durability has doubled or trippled (or x10 lol). If theres no durabity increase perhaps take a consensus amongst the players to maybe lower the HT parts requirment. In any case  i still dont see a case for laser pistol, IMO this should  cost no gold or less gold to convince people to use it.

I will craft one tonight and test it out.

Lurler

You would be happy to know that we DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH the cement! :)
Literally not even a bit.

We simply changed the numbers from 5->1 for one "unit" of cement and other values accordingly. Plus changed the stack size. So, the only change to cement was is that the stack size has now doubled and cement won't take as much space in the inventory anymore. That's the only change.

If it's still not clear what we did let me give you an example. In the past some structure required 50 cement to build, now it requires 10 (5 times less), same for making the cement (you got 5, now you get 1). So, we didn't change anything (AT ALL), but stack size :)

As for energy weapons and components - you shouldn't forget that the game has been rebalanced, so judging it based on previous values of things won't give you correct estimations of how expensive something is. Not only HT components are now much cheaper to craft, but even the resources needed to craft them are much more easily obtained now. Plus energy weapons are cheaper in general now, more in line with other weapons (when ammo is taken into account). So if anything, they are now EASIER to craft then before.

Don't look at numbers blindly, please try to actually play the game and see how it feels ;)
Because there are a lot of factors contributing to the game balance.

MGS

Ok will report back in a few days.