Some Questions

Started by MGS, June 20, 2020, 05:58:41 AM

MGS

Hi,

1) if you build a claim in the meadow but leave the tiles where the herbs grow, will the herbs always respawn there when gathered? Even when its within your claim ?

2.) When you are offline do your lights trigger on if you are close to them? (If you have them set to auto mode)
2b.) If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it  does it make a sound?

3.) How do loot item generation work, is it based on each item having a certain percentage chance everytime a
Chest is opened? Example in the science ruins the science loot box can drop HT parts but its very rare. Sometimes 3, sometimes 5 i believe. Is the chances of this based on how many loot boxes an individual has opened or just a percentage chance per item?

4. Re:solar panels. How does the degradation work?  Is it just constantly degrading slowly? Or is the degradation based on how much strain is on them example if you constantly running ovens it will degrade faster. My 4 solar towers with 16 solar panels last my 3 joint claims 10-11 real life days however it is supplemented by a 1000 can shuffle system which always has 200 gas, i always shuffle them when im online especially before using my machinery.

Thank you

ai_enabled

Hello!

1. The grass/trees/etc objects could spawn inside the land claim area, but they will not spawn too close to any structures. The only reason these objects do not respawn inside the base rooms is that bases are usually built pretty tightly without leaving enough free space inside them.

2. The lights and doors don't react to offline players. The lights will never turn on the offline player, and if player is close to a door that was opened, it will close immediately the moment players go offline (or even to AFK mode, if I recall correctly).

3. There are preconfigured chances and it's always a bit randomized so you don't get the same amount of a particular item. It could be defined like "3 pieces, plus 0-2 random extra pieces".
Also, if you have Searching skill, it unlocks a chance to collect some extra loot.

4. Solar panels degrading only when they're actually providing power. They don't degrade during the night time in the game, and don't degrade if the solar power station is not generating power (e. g. your base is fully charged).

The solar panels last at least about 6 real-time days (assuming they're constantly used for generation except for the night time in the game when the solar station cannot provide any energy).

Regards!

MGS

Thank you !

One more, if your are not on your claim, and go offline, how long before you are "forcibly removed from this world"

Also are you safe from this event if you are on an ally claim?

ai_enabled

In PvE, you will be removed from the world after 4 hours unless you're inside your land claim area (it's displayed as a green area for you).

Regards!

MGS

Another question.

Why is landclaim storage share disabled in PVE.

I didnt know pvp had this feature until i tried editor

ai_enabled

@MGS, it's called "Safe storage" and it's very limited by what types of items could be placed there.
In PvP, it's a very useful game mechanic as it allows players to store some items that will help them recover after getting raided (and it's also often used to store bombs, so the raiders cannot raid with bombs and collect more bombs to perform further raids, snowballing the server).
It doesn't make sense to have it in PvEΓÇöit will cause a lot of confusion for players there ("Why is it safe? Are other storages somehow unsafe? And why it's accepting only specific items?").

Regards!

Khaos

As "safe " storage goes, I have a public staging land claim that most players have access to by the Queen Arena. I did try to use a safe room to allow me to store a few things. Using a door configured to only open to owners not owners and land claim people should work to keep other players out of my room in a land claim where I give access to a few non party players? or is there a better way to give a private room in a mostly public land claim? I just want to store some ammo and maybe some armor at the location without the chance of someone stealing it.

ai_enabled

@Khaos, it doesn't sound safe to me. If you give access to your land claim to other players, they will be able to use a crowbar to disassembly buildings (and so disassemble your armored safe, doors to a "safe" room, etc).
And if you don't give the land claim access to other players in PvE, they will be unable to interact with the chests...

To resolve this problem we're considering to implement this idea with custom access roles in the future updates http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1579

Regards!

Khaos

That was what I thought, thank you for confirming. the access level idea would be nice.