Faction rankins

Started by Karsthans, March 27, 2021, 04:22:23 PM

Karsthans

Hi,

I notice something odd so wanted to ask if there's reason for it, faction rankings has faction level page, many factions get to level 10, this after a short while, since I followed what factions got to level 10 first and second thought that would apply, however, it currently doesn't show by that order, so am wondering if there is any criteria there. I also thought could be by faction name, since many level 10, could be faction name starting with "a" first, apparently that is not the case, so is there some criteria to sort the faction level ranking?

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Hello,

I assume you meant the simple factions list (not the Leaderboard). Its order currently is not well defined (IIRC it's sorting by member number but for factions with the same member number it may display newer factions first).
What is your suggestion for the default sort order? Sort by the level, then by name?

Regards!

Karsthans

Hi,

I meant politics, all factions, level, like the member number and leader board rank, there's a level option on that menu, while other two are easy to understand, the level one is odd, with many faction at level 10 it looks to be bit random after that, my suggestion was if could be order by what factions got to level 10 first, second and so on, also like to note that increase on learning points needed to create and level up faction was nice, however, in my opinion, should be significantly higher, to try and "force" players to group up to have factions or play solo without, even if probably not a popular opinion, it is silly to have more factions than active players at times,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Thank you for your feedback!

We don't store the date when the faction got upgraded last time. Plus sorting by this date will still appear to players as a semi-random sort method...
The upcoming A30 experimental patch will sort factions with the same sort order property value (e.g. same members number) to be ordered by the clan tag (faction name).

Regards!

ai_enabled

Quotealso like to note that increase on learning points needed to create and level up faction was nice, however, in my opinion, should be significantly higher, to try and "force" players to group up to have factions or play solo without
I've checked the leaderboard and analyzed the reasons why even solo players advanced their faction level 10 so quickly.
A30 experimental server has x5 LP rate (x4 skill rate) and there was a bug with Learning skill (it was progressing x20 faster than normal) that also accelerates LP gain rate. No surprise that players got tons of extra LP!
We will see how things go after the update release and then consider changes if necessary.

Regards!