Synthetic Rubber

Started by Thorne, January 22, 2021, 01:41:23 AM

Thorne

Hey guys, I am really wondering why the only way to get rubber is by logging Rubber Trees. I think synthetic rubber should be a thing just as Glue from Industrial Chemicals is. Put it somewhere into Tier 4, add a recipe based on Mineral Oil and / or Coal and / or Industrial Chemicals to the tech tree and I'll be happy.

It would make sense imho that a player who has an advanced production line set up does no longer have to rely on the brute-force latex acquisition mechanic that somebody entering Tier 3 has to utilise.

We're no longer relying only on natural Latex in today's industry either, more than 50% is synthethised rubber.

Lurler

It's not really a matter of realist, but of game balance.
If you can craft it - then it just becomes another thing that is irrelevant and you just have to craft.
But the way it is now - it ensures you also have to explore the map to get the rubber which works as a natural balancing factor and also slows down large clans in PvP as they can't just grind/craft it.

Thorne

Ok, thanks for your reply, if it helps for pvp ... fine then!
(But what about glue? Why do we need bones only for glue pre-oil and afterwards they are merely useful in mulch? *walks off mumbling into his beard*)