[Client+Server] BasicNPC

Started by Kallvin, September 18, 2020, 01:52:09 AM

Kallvin

Mod:  BasicNPC v0.1.4

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14s0v4apxRYFDWUfEtMgrw5vMmfkOEvht/view?usp=sharing

Description:

A collaborative effort with other fellow modders to generate a community based human mob that has a small chance to populate the world in all Zones/biomes.

This mod adds a single mob/NPC named Ned who will show up in your completion menu for hunting and LP.

Ned is armed with a ranged rifle and drops a range of goods with some steep percentage chances to drop anything of significant value.

Requirements:

This mod is used on both the client/server. Thus it does not work on official servers.

+ Clients and server must place the BasicNPC.mpk file in their local directories.

1. Locate Steam's local mod folder (or your custom directory and ignore this): %userprofile%\documents\AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall\CryoFall\Mods
    Alternatively for antivirus issues look for:  %LocalAppData%\AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall\Mods

2. Paste BasicNPC.mpk into \Mods folder.

+ Additionally you need to manually update the ModsConfig.xml (AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall\CryoFall\ModConfig.xml, open with notepad or whatever.)

+ Note: This is a warning that this mod is still under active development, expect further balancing and changes in the future or the possibility of the mod becoming incompatible with the game due to a game update.

<mod>BasicNPC</mod>
within the file ModConfig.XML file.

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<mods>
  <mod>core_1.0.0</mod>
  <mod>BasicNPC</mod>
</mods>

MightyMonte88

Hey if your part of the Cryofall discord, hit me up when you get a chance my names MightyMonte88. I used your work as an example/guide on how to add new mobs, so that i was able to add "raider" NPCs, and i was wondering if i could talk to you about a few issues i've run into. If not i understand, props for the great mod.