Ready check

Started by Karsthans, February 28, 2021, 10:38:19 AM

Karsthans

Hi,

If it is not complicated to implement a ready check, useful for queen and tyrant events for example, would help avoid leaving players out of a fight by mistake, for being afk or on the way or so, alternative could be a area chat channel for this events or a larger group, afk indication frames and or ready check. I ask since it is can very chaotic to organize battles with over four players, since players start to stand apart and then don't see local chat,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Hello,

you can use Global chat to communicate during the boss event with players that are not members of your party/faction.

We will consider small improvements that we can make quickly but our vision for the far future is to move the boss battle areas into dungeon instances as I've elaborated in my previous response here https://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1881.msg9506#msg9506

Regards!

Karsthans

Hi,

Yes I remember, however,  there are issues that are, lets say could use improvements, like "boss" events and even if that, dungeon system, would be amazing and solve most, like you said it is a "...far future.." feature, so could use some quick fixes to make it more fun and easier to join "boss" events, if easy to implement would be "quality of life" improvements, for example, I don't see why a random timer, from, is it six to nine hours, in player versus player can see it making sense, in player versus environment, cooperative, in my opinion, doesn't make sense and coordinating event with over three players is chaos, players rush, players block line of sight, players don't say when go afk near fight area, few others that, if simple to implement, some sort of ready check and a set "boss" event timer could fix those, anyway, just some comments,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

We're experimenting with the boss event start timer for the upcoming A30 update, so players will have time to prepare for the event before the boss spawns. No promises yet as the idea turned more complex than we expected (e.g. the server needs to move all players and vehicles away from the event area if they come and stay right near the boss spawn area).

Regards!

Karsthans

Hi,

I hope my posts are seen as attempts at constructive comments and suggestions and not taunts or complains, anyway, another suggestion, moving all players should be easy, just make it so they timeout if in event area before event starts or gets in "charge" mode, have them have to re spawn like when offline outside claim for too long, vehicles can be tricky, honestly my suggestion would be a clear warning after patch launch about change and just destroy them all, or maybe have them disable for duration of event, if left in "danger" area, another more elaborate solution could be some area damage effect to have event "boss" drop in or come up from ground and would do damage to everything around it, only downside is if players get disconnected and are unable to log back on, but they are likely killed and mech destroyed anyway if to close to event for to long, eventually they get it even if offline,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Turns out it's not a big deal if there are players nearby. The boss battle area is really large so making it overcrowded would be almost impossible.
The change is doneΓÇöthe boss event will have 10 minutes timer to allow players to prepare for the event, only after 10 minutes the boss and its minions will spawn.
Will see how it goes in A30 Experimental version.

Regards!