Droid Controller: Add a recall feature

Started by MGS, July 14, 2020, 11:43:10 AM

MGS

Hi guys,

My idea is to add droid recall feature (similar to the vehicles in the garage) to the droid controller. So if u die and your droid are in operation; you can simply summon them.

As they are not marked on map, i have lost them like this once or twice.

Any chance (if you like idea) to have it added to a27 before the release.

ai_enabled

Hello!

It's a good idea to consider. Alas, there is no chance for us to add this before the A27 release as it will require a feature design, implementation, testing, and localization (as all the text in the release should be localized, and the text for localization is submitted at least 2 weeks before the update release so such features should be planned well in advance).
Another idea could be introduction of map marks for the dropped drone.

Please note that currently your drones cannot be taken by other players in PvE for 15 minutes as they're tagged/claimed by your character.

Regards!

ai_enabled

I totally forgot to reply that A27 Patch #1 (https://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1719.msg8845#new) included an improvement that the deactivated drones drop on the ground and create a loot bag (lasting for an hour) so you can easily take your drone back. Thankfully, the loot bag mechanic was already implemented (for PvP).

Do you think the drone recall feature is still desired or the current mechanic with dropping drones in loot bags is good enough?

Regards!

MGS

the current system works fine, a droid recall feature would be better however its not a priority and so i would prefer resources be allocated elsewhere as i know your manpower is limited  :)

ai_enabled

I'm glad to hear it's fine as it is. And thanks for understanding.

Enjoy the game!

betocorp

Quote from: ai_enabled on July 28, 2020, 12:38:02 PM
I totally forgot to reply that A27 Patch #1 (https://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1719.msg8845#new) included an improvement that the deactivated drones drop on the ground and create a loot bag (lasting for an hour) so you can easily take your drone back. Thankfully, the loot bag mechanic was already implemented (for PvP).

Do you think the drone recall feature is still desired or the current mechanic with dropping drones in loot bags is good enough?

Regards!

Can do the same regarding drones dropped on floor due to full inventory?
Already happened a lot of times to me missing one drone when back to home.

ai_enabled

@betocorp, you cannot actually lose them (there is always a mark on the map where the drone has dropped) so it's less of an issue now, right?
If you have actually lost a drone and you're 100% certain it was not destroyed due to 0% durability or being destroyed by another player (possible only in PvP), please let us know.

We're considering improvements for A28 Update to introduce special slots for drones in the drone control device so they will not drop on the ground when flying back. However, if their resources could not fit into your inventory they will still drop on the ground. I'm not sure if it will be a major improvement compared to what we have right now...

Regards!

MGS

Quote from: ai_enabled on July 31, 2020, 03:24:41 PM
@betocorp, you cannot actually lose them (there is always a mark on the map where the drone has dropped) so it's less of an issue now, right?
If you have actually lost a drone and you're 100% certain it was not destroyed due to 0% durability or being destroyed by another player (possible only in PvP), please let us know.

We're considering improvements for A28 Update to introduce special slots for drones in the drone control device so they will not drop on the ground when flying back. However, if their resources could not fit into your inventory they will still drop on the ground. I'm not sure if it will be a major improvement compared to what we have right now...

Regards!

I think players would welcome this. As it is akin to a inventory size increase.