How did Void Expanse do over all?

Started by loudent, January 15, 2017, 03:05:00 PM

loudent

I recall at the time that sales of VE were not "robust" but I watched a youtube video about an indie game dev called "How to survive in Gamedev for Eleven Years Without a Hit" ( https://youtu.be/JmwbYl6f11c ). In his presentation he showed that for a lot of his games they made most of their money beyond the first year. While they weren't a "hit" at release then created a small revenue stream that combined with his other games create a relatively lucrative results.

It got me thinking about Void Expanse. There's still some chatter about the game and I heard whispers of an update. Just got me wondering if there's still life in this one and if, over time, it's become a success (well I consider it a success but I don't have a business degree)

Lurler

Frankly I don't really want to get into details, especially into financial details. But I can say one thing - as soon as VoidExpanse rating dropped below 70% the sales stopped. And with recent changes to Steam it is even more so now. And that includes Steam Sales (i.e. discounts/promotions), unfortunately. Essentially it doesn't matter what we do, the sales are still 0.

But we are still working on the game and in fact we are going to release a new free update soon (that includes crafting, station management, etc.) as well as an expansion (or call it DLC) with a completely new story line among other stuff (essentially a new game).

loudent

Sorry, didn't mean to dreg up old water.

p0ki

Quote from: Lurler on January 15, 2017, 11:56:58 PM
... going to release a new free update soon (that includes crafting, station management, etc.) as well as an expansion (or call it DLC) with a completely new story line among other stuff (essentially a new game).
You guys ... are the best :')