A few ideas

Started by gobias, November 16, 2018, 10:58:10 PM

gobias

1. Fishing - craftable rod and reel which would be held like a mining pick and used on tiles of fish. That would open up a bunch of new recipe options

2. tameable or useable animals -  maybe catch a few chickens and build a coop for them to harvest eggs once per day or milking a goat or something

3. cartography - a new skill where the portion of the map explored is the experience to level. could add the possibility of adding map markers to note specific areas of interest

4. craftable shoes/gloves - a new piece of gear could be a resource sink

5. craftable backpack - maybe lower basic inventory slots but allow for different "levels" of backpacks to be crafted. they could degrade slowly over time(not sure how that would work maybe items spill out or something)

6. ammo belt - a device to hold ammo and reload guns similar to the way power banks work for energy weapons

7. a deconstructing station for unwanted items to reclaim a small amount of what they were crafted with, that could be a new skill

8. tanning rack - t1 building for tanning leather into useable form. Make creatures drop uncured hides.

9. Lizards could drop scaley skin for a different armor set. Chickens could drop feathers for a new hat or even for a bow & arrow.

10. some different clothing types to give us a diversity of looks, even different colors would be cool.

Just a few things ive thought of while playing. some ideas may have been inspired by other games..

edited to add more

PanBanan

Up Up!

I agree, these are nice ideas.

As well as Chainsaw for tier3 od 4 or animals that can be mounted - like horses. A lot of work but in long term might change gameplay.

gobias

Quote from: PanBanan on December 05, 2018, 04:45:39 AM
Up Up!

I agree, these are nice ideas.

As well as Chainsaw for tier3 od 4 or animals that can be mounted - like horses. A lot of work but in long term might change gameplay.

Those gas powered items could be a use for all those green cans we have *wink wink*
heres a rough example f a recipe(i dont know if it would be balanced or not)
Tier 3 industry
chainsaw = 10 steel, 10 plastic, 10 mechanical components
jackhammer = 10 steel, 10 plastic, 10 mechanical components

cost some gas to run but gathers 25% faster than steel tools
maybe have a #/# like the watering can
refill at a barrel(filled with gas) or by carrying gas cans

PanBanan

I was trying to do a mod with chainsaw yesterday. But i have no idea how to make those files working as a mod.

In my let's call it "mod", I rather add petrol to the recipe, so you can get your hand on this tool while still not unlock full xenology to build rafinery. I was thinking about making it as you said gobias, but it requires too much work with scripts to make it works. Hopefully I would made that mod works soon or devs will maybe added it before me  :P

gobias

It could use camp fuel since that's also an underused resource that's available at an early stage