Effects help

Started by Ixby, May 21, 2014, 09:31:30 PM

Ixby

Hi, new to Java and all this jazz, but muddling my way through as best I can...
Can anyone provide (or point me in the direction of!) some info about the visual effects system? I'm trying to get a handle on the different visuals that are included; I've had success playing with the <nova> effect, but there's still a lot of ambiguity and not much information out there...

When it comes to defining the visual effects, is anyone able to elaborate on possible <data> fields such as <nova>, <ray>,  <particles>, and any others that might exist?
Is there a list of acceptable parameters for each of them hidden somewhere in the core pack?

Can you make particle fountains as an effect? For example, if I wanted an extra flashy effect to happen while you were mining, alongside the typical laser effect..

Thanks for any help!

DLirry

Hello!
Right now, visual effects system is yet incomplete. What we have now - is a kind of rudimentary system, and now it hasn't so much
functional and flexibility.

So, I honestly don't recommend to deal with current visual effects system - it will, probably, change dramatically to release version.
Doubting yourself is the only path to perfection

Lurler

Also want to add something: we will have a proper wiki article for that system once it is ready for use.
And the game uses JavaScript for scripting, not Java, as these two are very different things :)

Ixby

See what I mean about 'new'?  :P

Good to know, and thanks for the replies!

Lurler

Quote from: Ixby on May 22, 2014, 04:15:13 AM
See what I mean about 'new'?  :P
:)
Then I would suggest searching for any "javascript beginners tuttorial" on google. It's been a long time since I learned that stuff myself, so I can't point to any specific one unfortunately.