How did you discover VoidExpanse/AtomicTorch?

Started by r4gegaming, July 22, 2014, 05:43:07 AM

Browsing (found randomly)
From indiedb
Searching for this type of game
Other(write below)

r4gegaming

Lurler

Quote from: r4gegaming on July 22, 2014, 05:43:07 AM
That's actually a good question.
I'd like to know the answers as well :)

Tchey

Browsing for this type of game

I was looking for an alternative to Star Sector, because the developpement is very slow. The game right now has a wonderfull fighting system, but overall it's boring... So, welcome Void Expanse. I think i've seen the link on a general forum from a french community, i can't remember.

I think so far Void Expanse is going to be a perfect mix between Star Sector (too slow, and looong developpement) and Drox Operative (too much hack'n'slash, and finished)
http://jeux1d100.net/blog/

Tyren

after tried naev, escape velocity nova, starsonata, astroflux, pocket starships, dark orbit, nova raider and a lot of them ...

i spend many time in search on google : top down space rpg 2d or 3d but with a lot of contents

this one is the game i seached

thanks !

BeLugh

I was searching for indie games on youtube as i wanted  to find a new game which is worth playing for a longer time or even modding. And after some minutes i somehow found void expanse and had to buy it one day later :-)
i just tried again to find it that way but could not find it anymore

Vinzent Zeppelin

I found it through Scott Manley's preview of it a couple months back.

Hecter94

ISYD

I found the game on ZoG forum, it looks like Space Rangers. I really love it, hope will be russian localization in the future. Удачи!

FlessenGreendart

I got a message from a friend, linking me to the VoidExpanse website, and saying "what do you think of this?"

By the time I was halfway through the description, I had made my choice.

When I saw the emphasis on modding potential I was more than sold. I'm a big believer of customising your experience to your tastes, and that aside, this game checked all the boxes  ;)

djs4000

I was actually looking to rebuy an old favorite of mine, Flatspace II, but i couldn't remember the name of it. I used some google-fu to search for top down space games and imagine my surprise when VoidExpanse shows up. It is everything I've wanted in a game like this plus multiplayer and modding. I had to have it.

FlessenGreendart

alex

VincentV

I was going though my steam que, mostly just clicking and re-clicking on the "not interested" button and this popped up and it looked great. I was a bit sad I couldn't grab it from steam, and I was about to just toss it on my wishlist and move on, but I couldn't let it go. I wanted to play this game, so I searched for it via Google, got to this site and bot my copy and have been more the elated with how good its been!
- Vincent V, Network/System/Desktop Admin
(Not affiliated with AtomicTorch)

askew1

Hmm. I think this is how it went.

I believe I was playing a different 2-d space game with new HD grahics. I had played the non-HD 2-d space game a while ago and decided to try it and see what it looked like in HD. Well they have added a bunch of stuff to it also and in the process made it much more difficult at the beginning. I was getting eaten alive by aggressive pirates in the very first star system.

I quit it in frustration and started looking for strats where I'm pretty sure I found a mention of this game. I looked it up on youtube and found a let's play. The look of it and the music impressed me instantly. I thought it was very high quality for an alpha. I saw it wasn't expensive and the devs were very responsive on the forums so I dove in.

Edit: This is one of the articles I remember reading about the game also. link (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/03/space-without-a-space-voidexpanse/)

hockeyhacker97

The short answer is Quill18, the long answer is WoW videos way back when.  At the time I didn't really watch any youtube because its 99% garbage and was hard to find good content, but watching TB and Yogscast WoW videos back when I still played got me interested in their channels when they switched directions, since then have started watching JesseCox, Nerdcubed, Emmablackberry, JimSterling, GMM, Lindsey Stirling, Stuart Ashen, Northernlion, and just recently Quil18. So while learning of Quill18 was from watching NLs Cities Skyline video and then searching for more skilled game play to see if it was a game that I wanted, the reason I started watching NL was from TBs Charity water Stream where he covered many games including The Binding of Isaac.

So long answer summarized I found this game from watching Quil18 due to my interest in Cities Skylines which I found due to my interest in The Binding of Isaac which I found through my interest in Indie PC gaming which I found watching TBs WTF is series which I found from my interest in WoW which I started playing when a roommate was playing it in college. In fact most everything I find for entertainment now a days including TV shows like Doctor Who and movies like The Lego Movie (both because of Nerdcubed) all come back through TB.