Automaton Item Detector

Started by Mars, January 21, 2021, 10:31:21 PM

Mars

Automaton Item Detector

Detect objects in your local area.

How to use: Automaton expansion, you have to click F6 and enable AutoItemDetector.  Then choose what you want to find (meteorite, prag spire, heal grass... etc.)  Don't check common items or you will have a lot of notifications.  If you have the MapMarkers mod, you will see pink marks on the map.

Screenshots:

Mod type: Client-side mod.

Latest version: 0.1.0

Supported game version: A29

Download latest version: here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jy1s1zYayMRH1LHq3w_RXKCOrWWBWp9o/view?usp=sharing)

How to install mod:
File "ModsConfig.xml":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<mods>
  <mod>core_1.0.0</mod>
  <mod>MapMarkers</mod>
  <mod>Automaton</mod>
  <mod>AutomatonItemDetector</mod>
</mods>

JGary321

This is awesome! No more missing meteors/space debris behind trees.

Thorne

This post will probably increase the popularity of this mod as opposed to what I want to achieve, but in my opinion, this mod is cheating. The detector will find and highlight items that are off-screen for the player. The off-screen range is not is not huge but relevant. If you have a default search cycle for the event drops, getting a notification and a map marker the instance you are near one of the drops before you could even see them makes these events a lot easier.

By enabling it for the spacefall or meteor event, it increases the mod users chance to find the loot opposed to players who do not use it, therefore I consider using this mod an unfair advantage and recommend mods to look into the code and try to patch this exploit.

xMiracle45

Quote from: Thorne on January 24, 2021, 11:59:59 PM
This post will probably increase the popularity of this mod as opposed to what I want to achieve, but in my opinion, this mod is cheating.

Normally I would agree with you. However since it is only usable in PVE and not PVP I find it rather helpful for somethings.