Cannot join mod sever!

Started by adam0101222, May 18, 2021, 11:13:43 AM

adam0101222

Unable to refresh other people's Mod server, but can join the official server!!!why!

ai_enabled

Hello!
Please wait longer (2-4 minutes). Currently, the list of modded servers refreshes after the list of community servers is refreshed, which takes a while due to the massive number of community servers.

wangge502

Quote from: ai_enabled on May 18, 2021, 11:14:51 AM
Hello!
Please wait longer (2-4 minutes). Currently, the list of modded servers refreshes after the list of community servers is refreshed, which takes a while due to the massive number of community servers.
The server I built is mod server, but others can't refresh into my server....

It can't be displayed for 10 minutes..But players who have entered my server before can refresh and enter my server...

ai_enabled

Please let me know your server name, I will check.
If any players are able to join it, others should be able to join it too.
It's just that the refresh takes too long for some players, unfortunately. We didn't expect such a massive number of servers lately.

wangge502

Quote from: ai_enabled on May 18, 2021, 11:23:26 AM
Please let me know your server name, I will check.
If any players are able to join it, others should be able to join it too.
It's just that the refresh takes too long for some players, unfortunately. We didn't expect such a massive number of servers lately.
public GUID:  418C5857012871F4255C90F754930780
THANK YOU!

ai_enabled

I see it loaded properly here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L31dnzHpmk4fxuuWFOEnRgZLW4_9bM6v/view?usp=sharing
It just takes a while. About 2 minutes in my case. But I can imagine if someone has slower internet it may take a while.

We will rework how the server information is gathered to make it faster for modded servers.

wangge502

Quote from: ai_enabled on May 18, 2021, 11:27:20 AM
I see it loaded properly here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L31dnzHpmk4fxuuWFOEnRgZLW4_9bM6v/view?usp=sharing
It just takes a while. About 2 minutes in my case. But I can imagine if someone has slower internet it may take a while.

We will rework how the server information is gathered to make it faster for modded servers.
Before mod was changed, I was a community server, and others could quickly search my server, but after mod was changed, only the original players could quickly access the server, but new players could not           

wangge502

Quote from: ai_enabled on May 18, 2021, 11:27:20 AM

How can I change back to the community server, but can I add mod.... :'(

ai_enabled

Modified servers (with any mods or unpacked Core.cpk) can be displayed only in the modded servers list. This is necessary as otherwise, players may report issues while playing on such servers, being unaware that they are playing on a modified server. We're certain only about such community servers that are running the 100% original code. Modded servers have a risk of crashes and other issues.

Regards!

wangge502

Quote from: ai_enabled on May 18, 2021, 11:34:29 AM
Modified servers (with any mods or unpacked Core.cpk) can be displayed only in the modded servers list. This is necessary as otherwise, players may report issues while playing on such servers, being unaware that they are playing on a modified server. We're certain only about such community servers that are running the 100% original code. Modded servers have a risk of crashes and other issues.

Regards!

I tried to replace the original core and add mod to my XML file, but my server can't open and load mod
:'( :'( :'(

ai_enabled

Perhaps the mod was not correctly packed. It's simple yet there are some important details. See this guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1707742469

Either way, the server with mods (defined in ModsConfig.xml) is obviously considered a modded/modified oneΓÇöin the same way as if the Core.cpk was unpacked.

Regards!

wangge502

Quote from: ai_enabled on May 18, 2021, 11:39:50 AM
Perhaps the mod was not correctly packed. It's simple yet there are some important details. See this guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1707742469

Either way, the server with mods (defined in ModsConfig.xml) is obviously considered a modded/modified oneΓÇöin the same way as if the Core.cpk was unpacked.

Regards!
ok thankyou ~  But why can't other people input the number from the custom server into the zone server :'(

ai_enabled

They can:
1. add server with the GUID 418C5857012871F4255C90F754930780 into the "Custom" servers list
2. press "Refresh all" button
3. usually, in 10 seconds it will be available for connection

Regards!

wangge502

Quote from: ai_enabled on May 18, 2021, 11:48:46 AM
They can:
1. add server with the GUID 418C5857012871F4255C90F754930780 into the "Custom" servers list
2. press "Refresh all" button
3. usually, in 10 seconds it will be available for connection

Regards!
I have tried to let new players use this method, but they always show please wait until the server info is required.But the server can't be displayed. Many new players have told me about this... :'( :'(

ai_enabled

It works here fine. They're probably don't press "Refresh all", hmm. Or maybe there is a network route issue from them to your server so they actually cannot reach you.