Steam!

Started by Lurler, October 15, 2014, 01:44:34 AM

Lurler

The game now runs on Steam!

(https://atomictorch.com/Images/Upload/10154.png)

Well, not exactly. It runs all right, but we haven't yet implemented steam API to allow for multiplayer and other mandatory features.

But I thought it is worth sharing with you guys, at least for us it's a major milestone :)

But that's not all!

Behold!

(https://atomictorch.com/Images/Upload/10155.png)

Yup, that's steam trading cards for VoidExpanse. We've created a bunch, but I won't share more info until the release to not spoil the fun of discovering it for yourself.

Excalibur

W00t! Look good man! :D

kyokei

oh oh oh awesome <3

djs4000

Great work guys!! :) If you are including cards, can I assume achievements will also be part of the steam release?

Lurler

Probably not. Cards are fairly easy to implement, you basically just need the graphics, while achievements are move involved. You'd have to actually keep track of stuff (i.e. it must be programmed to keep track), so probably not now. Because if we were to add achievements we would like to have them both on our site and on steam, and it would take quite some time to implement. So, maybe in the future, but now... unlikely.

kyokei

Not to sound pushy :) But I really think it's time for VoidExpanse to hit Early Access.
I have been playing other Early Access games and VE is really far as development goes.
I am 100% sure you will get positive feedback, many sales, alot of feedback so that you can continue working on the game and make it grow even more.

This game needs to go and shine!

Lurler

Yup, that's what we think too. But we will go straight for the full release as not to dilute the press attention, since we have just one chance at this.

And since it was mentioned above - we are also trying to add achievements while we are at it :) No promises, but hopefully!

Basically what we are doing now is trying to arrange press release and other promotional activities with a PR company.

kyokei

Can you not get the game to show already in the upcoming releases?
I know for one that I am quite often going through the list of games that are going to release in the near future.
This would already create some publicity for the game.

Added to this you could work on a store game on Steam with all the details and put a release date of early 2015

Not sure if this is all possible since you are only greenlit but just some ideas

Hammish

Already got you hooked up via some friends for some press, I'll letcha know when you might get free shout-outs.  Three major multi-game guilds, a few Wildstar podcasts/streamers and a few MOBA streamers will be doing a little cross-action advertising for VE once full release hits; I have friends in high (and low!) places and they know I've put both a lot of time into my mod and have been listening to me sing the praises of the Void for a while now.

Gonna try and get a sort of perma-server running for BTC post-launch as well, since I know some guys with spare data center space who run a buncha Arma3 servers.

Lurler

Quote from: kyokei on January 13, 2015, 05:36:19 AM
Can you not get the game to show already in the upcoming releases?
We can... but we just don't know the date yet and I don't want to specify a date that we won't be able to meet.
As soon as we discuss this with the PR company and determine a date I will add the game to upcoming list on Steam.

Quote from: kyokei on January 13, 2015, 05:36:19 AM
Not sure if this is all possible since you are only greenlit but just some ideas
Yeah, it's possible. As soon as you are greenlit you are pretty much given the full access to all steam features.

Quote from: Hammish on January 13, 2015, 05:46:45 AM
Already got you hooked up via some friends for some press, I'll letcha know when you might get free shout-outs. Three major multi-game guilds, a few Wildstar podcasts/streamers and a few MOBA streamers will be doing a little cross-action advertising for VE once full release hits;
That is actually awesome :) The more coverage we can get the better are our chances of making this project work! If you really can do that it would be a huge help :)

kyokei

Not sure if I can say this but I spotted something on Steam which is uuuuber cool and I saw the number change a few days ago. What oh what are you devs cooking! :)

Lurler

Quote from: kyokei on January 23, 2015, 12:41:10 PM
Not sure if I can say this but I spotted something on Steam which is uuuuber cool and I saw the number change a few days ago. What oh what are you devs cooking! :)
Hm...? What exactly did you see on Steam? :-0

kyokei

Quote from: Lurler on January 23, 2015, 07:45:48 PM
Hm...? What exactly did you see on Steam? :-0
I saw lots of achievements!

Lurler

True, they are not finished yet, though.

(click to enlarge)

Eviscerator

Does this mean we who've purchased the game can look forward to Steam keys soon?