Unable to launch game [OS X 10.9]

Started by johnmschneider, April 04, 2015, 05:06:53 AM

johnmschneider

I believe I only have one GPU -- an integrated intel graphics card with shared memory. The model is "Intel HD Graphics 4000" with 1024 MB vram. (If you need, I can give more information on it).

I tried loading the game and it freezes on the "VoidExpanse Loading..." screen. I noticed that when it freezes, sometimes it only displays the "VoidExpanse Loading.." screen -- there isn't the AtomicTorch studio screen before that, or the VoidExpanse icon. It goes right to the loading screen. However, sometimes it shows the AtomicTorch studio screen etc.

The music still does not play when it freezes. However, if I re-open the program enough times, it will work eventually.

I double-checked my game version and it is indeed 1.2.1.

P.S. I appreciate your help on this issue so far! On the times that VoidExpanse opens, I have enabled "Sun effects" and it's really cool that my screen doesn't go black!

ai_enabled

Hello!
Sorry for a late reply.
We've received the logs from the other Mac players who also experience the issue. We're doing our best on locating and fixing the issue.
Regards!

CanardSauvage

I have the same issue and I tried it with the tool and "descrete only" and the bug was still the same. Also there was no music when it crashes.

ai_enabled

We have reports from some players who experienced this issue that the updating OS X to latest Yosemite release resolves these issues for them.