Less long-range-sensors and more cooperation between pirates.

Started by smokingmedic, April 06, 2015, 01:44:26 PM

smokingmedic

I think removing the ability to see ships on your system-map would add a lot of tension and surprise to the game. You could also expand on this by adding asteroid maps to the store, and maybe long range sensore-items that give you the ability to see ships up to a certain level. Quests would come with coordinates, stationary objects would remain visible.

The second big thing I would like to see would be the calling in of allies in fights. Mainly that pirates sometimes call in their friends. This would make encounters less predictable and more fun. Risk is always good. Attacks on pirate bases would be a nice late-game addition to the quests.

Patrols by the factions would be nice to see, too, but are less of a priority to myself.

All of this would make the game more difficult, so it probably shouldn't be added to the easiest difficulty. I'm nitpicking now, but having three difficulties with the easiest one being "normal" is a bit irritating.

Lurler

I told the guys on out team that we should have long range scanners and hide stuff on the system map, but they said "no!!!" :)

kyokei

Quote from: Lurler on April 06, 2015, 11:19:10 PM
I told the guys on out team that we should have long range scanners and hide stuff on the system map, but they said "no!!!" :)
Aren't you the lead in the project *wink wink* :)
Added to this you have zones where the minimap is interfered but on the big map you can still see the enemies :P

I like the above ideas a lot!

Lurler

Quote from: kyokei on April 06, 2015, 11:38:02 PM
Aren't you the lead in the project *wink wink* :)
We have full democracy on the team :)

Quote from: kyokei on April 06, 2015, 11:38:02 PM
Added to this you have zones where the minimap is interfered but on the big map you can still see the enemies :P
I like the above ideas a lot!
We will see what we can do! :)

Fugue

I think it would still be good to see stations and jumpgates on the big map even if there is interference.