Mining bugged

Started by RavenFellBlade, December 11, 2014, 08:41:34 AM

RavenFellBlade

Version: v0.10.4
SP and possibly MP
Screencaps: not really sure how to do a Screenshot that will illustrate this.

I was mining some asteroids with my character, who has Astrogeology as a skill. I was mining and asteroid with that was producing 15 Glepsite, 15 Fraclasite, 5 Cyactite, and 1 Mangkolite. As I was mining, I leveled, so I decided to spend my skill points. I had already had 1 level unspent prior, so I had 20 points, which I spent on  4 levels of "Ore Reprocessing", which should result in an additional 20% to mining production. However, continuing to mine the same asteroid still results in 15 Glepsite, 15 Fraclasite, 5 Cyactite, and 1 Mangkolite. I don't know if this means the Ore Reprocessing skill bonus is not being applied, or if the error lies elsewhere.
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.

ai_enabled

Hello! Thanks for reporting. The issue is already fixed in the game build for the Steam (closed alpha), and we're planning to make public release on our website soon.
Regards!

RavenFellBlade

Sweet! I'm still waiting on a key for the Steam alpha, assuming you're still giving them out. I signed up in the Steam testing thread in the game discussion forum. Glad to know it's fixed, because I'm really enjoying living the life of a space miner :)

Lurler

Nope, the keys are out, sorry...
However we are going to release this version as a public (still experimental) version fairly soon, so it's okay either way :)

Excalibur

Just a quick update on this, I did some mining in 15.1 and it's still pretty bugged. The looping sound is there, forcing me to save and quit and reload my saved game to get rid of it. Furthermore, there is no notification when the cargo hold is full, it just keeps mining with no notification at all once the cargo hold is full.

Just thought I'd bring that to your attention. :)

Zer0Glitch

Just to add to this. While mining with two lasers the other day, I got the mining beams to disappear. I believe it happened when I flipped back and forth between them repeatedly.

ai_enabled

Excalibur, Zer0Glitch, thanks for reporting, we're working on fixing it.
Regards!

ai_enabled

The VoidExpanse v0.15.2 is available now! Please try and let us know if there are still any issues with mining.
Regards!

Zer0Glitch

So far I haven't noticed any issues. The beams are no longer blinking out on me. Sound doesn't seem to be hanging on me either. I haven't done the math yet but it looks like the bonuses are being applied (though I rolled a prospector so the progression is slim).

RavenFellBlade

I filed a report on a mining-related bug, but I'll reiterate here that you can cause the mining device in slot 4 to cycle endlessly if you have two mining devices equipped, and use them simultaneously. I haven't really tried it with different combinations of devices, though. The combination I had was Industrial Mining Device in slot 4 and Standard Mining Device in slot 5.

EDIT: I can confirm that the bonuses are now applied exactly as they are supposed to be.

ai_enabled

Hello! Thanks for reporting. It's good most issues are fixed now. We will polish more.
Regards!