Crates disappear randomly [v0.15.2] [SP]

Started by RavenFellBlade, December 23, 2014, 09:48:19 PM

RavenFellBlade

Version: v0.15.2
Mode: Single Player
Bug: Storage crates seem to disappear under a few different circumstances. This has occurred while entering a base with a crate in "grappler tow", and after ditching a "grappler towed" crate during a fight against pirates. It seems to happen most often if you enter a base while the crate is still in motion, or if the crate WAS still in motion when it was last on screen after entering a base.
Reproduceable: Yes.
Screenshot: No. I may try to add a few later of a crate disappearing at the entrance to a base.

This one is kind of a draq for me, as I've found a pretty nifty tactic of towing a storage crate full of ore back to bases. It doesn't seem to happen as often, or even at all, if the crate is motionless when you enter a station, or if it is motionless at the time you scroll it off the screen.
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thanks for reporting! We will fix the disappearing crates.
Idea with the "grappler tow" surprised us! We will keep this feature :-).
Regards!

ai_enabled

RavenFellBlade

Nice! I can't believe nobody thought to tow crates around as an additional cargo space when mining! You jettison your less valuable minerals, and then continue to pile the cheaper stuff into the crate as you mine, towing the crate around behind you from asteroid to asteroid. You do this until you run low on fuel, fill the container, or get bored. Tow the crate back to your base, and profit. It's a bit more time consuming, and requires you to watch your energy consumption and speed, but with a decently medium grappler, works nicely. The higher-end grabbers pull in too quickly to be useful for this purpose, but some of the mid-range ones almost seem to be explicitly designed with this in mind. I haven't seen a crate disappear on me yet in my two or three sessions on 15.3, so it does seem the glitch has been fixed.
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.