Balance issues

Started by daselk266, April 05, 2014, 09:05:56 PM

daselk266

Anyone else find the first few missions a serious challenge? I think i died 15 times just trying to kill that first pirate in my starting ship. The starting system needs to be toned down a bit imo. The first time i visited an alien system was a nightmare too. Died at least 20 times before i got the required item. Loving the game so far despite various crashes, pretty damn good for an alpha!

Ophidios

I did, but I don't think it's a game difficulty issue as much as it simply is a player education issue.

I had the same problems, until I realized that I simply hadn't upgraded past civilian equipment.  It's not too hard to find a ship alone by itself and vaporize it.  A few cargo drops and you're upgrading or selling for credits to buy new stuff.  Then the game isn't too bad.

The other side of the gulf is pretty nuts, also.  Once you get yourself into a heavy frigate or light cruiser, all the enemy ships become way too easy.  And a Heavy Cruiser?  Forget about it, ha ha.  You can vaporize a mob of like 6 enemy ships in about 5 seconds.

Lurler

Well, it's only an alpha. So it will take us some time to polish the balance :)
Hopefully we can do that sooner than later though!