VoidExpanse > Mods

Mod: Cargo Pods (add cargo space to your ships)

(1/4) > >>

loudent:
Title: Cargo Pods
Author(s): Loudent
Description: Adds a set of cargo pods as boosters
Mod version:1.1.0
Game version:1.1.8
Game mode: SP (MP maybe)
Download: Steam Workshop or from the nexus at:http://www.nexusmods.com/voidexpanse/mods/9/?

Miners and traders only have a couple of ships that work for them. Everything else has like 100 cargo space. This is a set of cargo pods that you can add to your ship in the booster slot. It adds space at the cost of speed, acceleration and maneuverability.

Cargo Pod - requires engineering 1 space 50
Cargo Pod Mk2 - requires engineering 3 space 75
Cargo Pod Mk3 - requires engineering 4 space 100
Cargo Pod Mk3 - requires engineering 5 space 150

In all cases speed and acceleration are -5 and maneuverability -10

-Loudent

Stormdrake:
Hi, i think this is a fantastic idea, i got the mod immediately but i cant see the item to buy it, do i need to start a new universe or does it show up rarely on my previous save?

Also i don't have a clue about moding, but i was thinking since there are boosters to shield and hull capacity, would it be possible to get some that boost weapon damage by a percentage? E.G a booster that increases Energy damage by 20% that requires Engineering 4 or something like that? them obviously you'd have one for Ballistic, Missiles and mines too.

loudent:
It seems to be the nature of the game. Not every station has every item (it's true of the core items as well). So you might have to fly around a bit to find them. This seems exacerbated in max size galaxies.

A hint: the level 1 cargo pods can be found anywhere, the level 2 will need tech 10 or higher, the level 3 will need a system with tech 20 or higher and the level 4 cargo pods will need a system with tech 35 or over.

The next mod I'll probably work on is something that increases the chance that some items will show up in a shop although I'm not sure how to do that yet :)

EDIT: No, you don't need to start a new game. The item will show up in a saved game just fine

Stormdrake:
ok thanks, i'll keep on looking

loudent:
Let me know when you find them. I'd be interested in any feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version