[EU][kG]kunix.org -PVE- / community server

Started by kyokei, May 31, 2014, 08:57:35 AM

kyokei

kyokei

kyokei

ai_enabled

Thanks for updating) get ready for the Steam players! :-)

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on April 02, 2015, 08:11:41 AM
Thanks for updating) get ready for the Steam players! :-)
Get ready to hotfix the VE server for multithreading :D:D <3

ai_enabled

Quote from: kyokei on April 02, 2015, 09:05:56 AM
Get ready to hotfix the VE server for multithreading :D:D <3
I'm ready =-). But first we need to measure how many active players a normal server can handle and what subsystems require rewriting for multithreading first.

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on April 02, 2015, 10:25:37 AM
I'm ready =-). But first we need to measure how many active players an usual server can handle and what subsystems requires rewriting for multithreading first.
Totally agree - Before I was updating the server there was someone on kunix and I saw that the cpu was spiking at 80% sometimes... kinda got me worried.
And world saving is taking a long time, atleast the writing of the files is

Strmy

we were there at 6 people max i think and it run smooth

kyokei

Quote from: Strmy on April 02, 2015, 11:38:33 AM
we were there at 6 people max i think and it run smooth
awesome, I do know that due the server software not having multithreading that the cpu is starting to get capped (50% at 4 players) so I wonder how it will be.
I'm not worried though because AI is awesome and he will find a solution once the time comes :)

Anyways happy pirate hunting on kunix!

kyokei

Linux server version is running crap on kunix - will be switching over to my windows VM today, I hope that will fix the silly issues.
Just continue playing on it, I will make sure I do the switch when no one is online, with no data loss and with short downtime

kyokei

Switched to windows VM - let me know how it runs now... I think it's still not good

ai_enabled

Is the game server running too laggy/choppy on Linux?
We've tested around 15 people online on a one russian server (Win) and performance was quite good.

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on April 03, 2015, 12:49:16 AM
Is the game server running too laggy/choppy on Linux?
We've tested around 15 people online on a one russian server (Win) and performance was quite good.
I was reading through past chatlogs and saw some complaints about choppyness - and the world saving taking 8 seconds - seems it's the same on my Windows VM so I think this is related to my server =( nothing you can help with

kyokei

Server crashed, will be back up asap

kyokei