Pittys First Impressions and Suggestions

Started by Pittyh, July 31, 2014, 04:19:45 AM

Pittyh

Hello, New here so my first post.

My first thoughts after playing for 30 mins was the mouse controls

Just have an option in the menu to switch between controls.

I came from playing SPAZ (space pirates and zombies) and their controls were much more intuitive and fun.

Not trying to compare games, just maybe think about having an option in the menu.

Also maybe flying into the station docking bay will automatically dock the player ?

One last personal preference is the very first station music, it sounds like elevator music lol, no offense but it's a bit light hearted, would like to see it darker. I saw the blog post, so maybe it's not implemented in stations yet ?

looking forward to playing more and more personal opinions to come.. :)

Regards,

Lurler

Quote from: Pittyh on July 31, 2014, 04:19:45 AM
Hello, New here so my first post.
Welcome! :)

My first thoughts after playing for 30 mins was the mouse controls
Just have an option in the menu to switch between controls.
I came from playing SPAZ (space pirates and zombies) and their controls were much more intuitive and fun.
I understand what you mean, but honestly... making the ship point towards the mouse may be easier to control, but it will take away a huge part of the fun in the game. Just play a bit more and you will get used to the control scheme. It makes combat more challenging and more fun by far. At least from our perspective. But  you have a point, and we might actually add that option in the future.

Also maybe flying into the station docking bay will automatically dock the player?
Most likely yes. We have considered it, but just didn't have time to implement.

One last personal preference is the station music, it sounds like elevator music lol, no offense but it's a bit light hearted, would like to see it darker.
Haha, it is a fun comparison :)
But don't worry, there will be more music for stations and each station will get it's own track.

looking forward to playing more and more personal opinions to come.. :)
We have just released a new version, literally minutes ago. Feel free to update and let us know what you think of the update! :)

Pittyh

Quote from: Lurler on July 31, 2014, 04:24:49 AM
We have just released a new version, literally minutes ago. Feel free to update and let us know what you think of the update! :)

haha wow, I just finished downloading 0.92 :)