Author Topic: Stack Sizes  (Read 183 times)

Coops

• View Profile
Stack Sizes
« on: September 13, 2020, 07:02:56 am »
Hi there, took time to search around the forums but can only find some old posts on the subject and one mod thats I'm sure out of date.

I'm looking for info on increasing stack sizes (I presume with a mod). There is one on the last pages of the mods section but I'm assuming that's defunct due to th4 lack of replies.

I'm running a Europe Private server and wanted to add an increased stack size.

It's a great game but the limited stack sizes and smallish inventory is a real limiter.

If anyone can point me at a post or person I'd be grateful.

Coops

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Stack Sizes
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 03:38:28 am »
Hello!
The C# class with constants responsible for the stack sizes is located here:
Core.cpk/Scripts/Items/Base/ItemStackSize.cs

Please do not change the value for the "Single" entry. It must be single otherwise it will cause issues with items that have durability, ammo, etc.

Also, please keep in mind that if you create only a server mod to change that (without providing a client mod), the clients will be unaware of the increased stack sizes. While a client could display any number of the stack as reported by the server (so, technically, a server side mod could work fine for things like gathering tons of ore as they will fill up the inventory properly), it will keep the limits it has when you perform any actions on stacks on the client sideā€”such as splitting the stack or combining stacks. As you can guess the client performs these actions without waiting for a server response to essentially provide a lag-free experience, and keeping the known limits is necessary to prevent discrepancies with the server as it will not allow the client to place more items in a stack than it is configured by its ItemStackSize.cs.

It's a great game but the limited stack sizes and smallish inventory is a real limiter.
I wonder if you're playing with increased item gather rate (x3+ server?) and using [R] [T] [Y] keys to quickly move items between containers to help with sorting stuff.

Regards!