[Client] Marketplace

Started by Mars, May 28, 2020, 01:08:13 PM

Mars

Marketplace

List all items from the trading station markers, with search filter.

How to use: My first time doing XAML, so it's built like CNEI interface by Djekke.  There is a Shiny icon on the upper right, default key is F9.  You can add search filters, so you can check "Is buying" and search for "gold".  You can click the coords to get a notification.

Screenshot:

Mod type: Client-side mod.

Latest version: 0.1.5

Supported game version: R31

Download latest version: here (https://github.com/mars-x24/Marketplace/releases/download/0.1.5/Marketplace.mpk)

GitHub: https://github.com/mars-x24/Marketplace

How to install mod:
File "ModsConfig.xml":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<mods>
  <mod>core_1.0.0</mod>
  <mod>marketplace</mod>
</mods>

Changelog:
Fixed an error issue with the UI
Added item type search, like "gem" or "ammo"
Changed the coords button color to green if you are the owner of the trade station
Added support for my next mod, the notification changed to Mark(x;y), the mark pops on your map
Added sorting
Added ratios
Removed Available Count from PVP

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thank you for a great mod!
We're considering to rework the trading system in the future updates as mentioned in our Roadmap (https://trello.com/c/v8vvEbYI/78-reworked-trading-system).
One of the ideas is to implement the global interface (similar to this mod, but much more advanced) to allow players to browse the global market with all the goods and shop locations selling/buying them. Sorting by price would be necessary so the two currencies probably will be replaced with a new single one...and maybe it will be digital one to allow us implement new features laterΓÇösuch an optional digital marketplace where players can buy goods with delivery from other players (the funds are reserved and automatically provided to the seller on a success delivery in the agreed delivery duration). Combined with a dropbox idea it might work well. (dropbox https://discordapp.com/channels/344332261510086658/421250395298332672/704321874674581586 )

Regards!

Mars

I agree that sorting by price when you have 2 currencies is not really friendly, but I liked having both when I started playing, it's a little more difficult compared to other games with only 1, trying to find out how the item is worth and how to switch from one currency to another. I hope you won't remove recycling, it's really cool that you can recover the materials.

I think you are far in development to remove a feature as huge as 2 currencies.

ai_enabled

Unfortunately, I see no way to make a viable system with two independent currencies and the prices that have cost in either of them or even in both. It's not only an issue with sorting but a lot of unnecessary friction for players while we want to make the trading really accessible and fun.

I can imagine a way to issue a digital currency that will allow recycling it back into the original components, but it would be quite tricky :-) e.g. converting/selling the gold ingots for digital tokens and then exchanging it back to gold ingots if necessary. The good question of how to integrate something like that in the game so it will not only work but also make sense.

The trading system requires a complete rework in order to make it really useful for the players and I hope we will have an opportunity to do so even if it's so far in development.

ai_enabled

BTW, the patch (http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1597.msg8581#msg8581) that was deployed yesterday fixed a data leak issue on PvP servers with this mod:
QuoteMarketplace mod will no longer display the available item amount on PvP servers. It will receive either 0 or 1 amount depending on whether it's available for sale or not. (On PvE servers there is no fix necessary as in PvE trading stations cannot be destroyed to take the contents.)

Mars

I never played PVP, but thats a good point  :)  I removed the available count in PVP.   I love it in PVE though, we still have to walk to the end of the map sometimes, at least we know how many is available, will that change with delivery, or we have to walk to deliver the goods?

ai_enabled

Quote from: Mars on June 02, 2020, 09:23:26 PMwill that change with delivery, or we have to walk to deliver the goods?
I think with the digital marketplace interface, the stores would be even more popular as players will be able to quickly locate the stores so they visit them more often. Your mod is a first step in the right direction :-)

The idea with delivery-to-dropbox is an optional one, and a next step that we can consider after implementing the digital marketplace interface. It's really great if you can make an order and get it delivered to your dropbox at some extra expense. With a digital currency, it would be possible to reserve the deposit from the buyer's funds and release it to the seller on delivery to buyer's dropbox (or deduct the penalty from the seller for not delivering in time (so the sellers will be motivated to deliver in time; displaying the delivery success/fail rate in the marketplace interface will allow players to quickly understand if it makes sense to use the delivery service of a particular seller)). It could create a new game mechanicΓÇöa delivery service (and for PvP, a bodyguards service ;D to ensure successful delivery though I'm quite skeptical about the whole idea regarding PvP).

Regards!

Mars

New mod coming MapMarkers, with it and Marketplace 0.1.2, when you click a coords in the markplace, a mark pop on your map on the tradestation where you have to go.

MGS

Quote from: Mars on June 05, 2020, 11:37:35 PM
New mod coming MapMarkers, with it and Marketplace 0.1.2, when you click a coords in the markplace, a mark pop on your map on the tradestation where you have to go.

Dude, you are the man !

Mars

Quote from: MGS on June 06, 2020, 03:12:19 PM
Dude, you are the man !

Yes love it too. 

I was just looking to add markers for the chatsystem and realized that I could probably also add it for the market notifications!

MGS

Quote from: Mars on June 06, 2020, 10:17:49 PM
Yes love it too. 

I was just looking to add markers for the chatsystem and realized that I could probably also add it for the market notifications!

Thats good too. But i loven the marketplace mod. I had suggested it my list of suggestions in the ideas section and a few days later you did this :D

Mars

Looks like it is loading ok in A27

Mars

The coords button is now green if you are the owner of the trade station, easier to compare prices.

Mars

Added item type search, like "gem" or "ammo"

Mars