Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Help section / Re: Void Expanse Tutorials right in here!
« Last post by Wilmore on July 13, 2018, 02:51:11 am »
So, when will you have the next part ready? Really looking forward to it :-)
« Last post by Lurler on July 10, 2018, 04:19:34 am »
I only checked the Pariah's Bane expansion scripts when I was searching for special functions with Notepad++ but never read the scripts fully. I will probably do a supplement tutorial on how to use that and where to put the variables after I study the Pariah's Bane Expansion scripts!
Sure!
I just checked and there are basically just 2 scripts in the expansion:
dlc1_core_functionality.js
and
dlc1_GenerateGalaxy.js
They are quire self expanatory I think. One of them generates all new content that the expansion provides, new systems, stations, npcs, etc.
« Last post by ninekorn on July 10, 2018, 04:01:39 am »
It was my pleasure Wilmore! I am using this specific NPC generation example in the tutorial myself in my mods. I might change that in the future but I didn't intend to use anyone else's mod's for my mods.

I only checked the Pariah's Bane expansion scripts when I was searching for special functions with Notepad++ but never read the scripts fully. I will probably do a supplement tutorial on how to use that and where to put the variables after I study the Pariah's Bane Expansion scripts!
« Last post by Lurler on July 09, 2018, 09:51:23 pm »
PS: Another question, is there any way to spawn NPCs after the world has been generated? Or do you really need to do it as the world is created?
Yes, there is a way, and that is precisely what Pariah's Bane expansion does :)
« Last post by Wilmore on July 09, 2018, 11:31:32 am »
Thanks a lot, @ninekorn! This was great! I have now (finally) been able to spawn my own NPC, using your method. I do see Lurler's concern for this possibly being incompatible with other mods. However, so far, this is the only real tutorial I have seen that I have been able to use. This community needs such step-by-step tutorials.

Looking forward to the next part!

PS: Another question, is there any way to spawn NPCs after the world has been generated? Or do you really need to do it as the world is created?
« Last post by Lurler on July 08, 2018, 11:11:10 pm »
Awesome video, thank you. I'm sure many people would find it useful!

Though there is much easier way to add NPCs :)
And that's the way it is done in Pariahs Bane expansion. You don't really need to override any scripts of the original game, you can just use a hook to a specific function and add your NPC generation code there.
Plus if you override any scripts it means you can't use other mods together with this one at the same time as there would be conflict between different overrides.
But oh, well :)
Mods / Re: Drone Mod for VoidExpanse!
« Last post by ninekorn on July 08, 2018, 05:12:04 am »
I am working on a VR DesktopScreen program for the game Void Expanse prioritarily so the mod has been pushed back. But it's still my goal to finish it.
Mods / Re: Drone/Follower mod // in-progress
« Last post by ninekorn on July 08, 2018, 05:11:47 am »
I am working on a VR DesktopScreen program for the game Void Expanse prioritarily so the mod has been pushed back. But it's still my goal to finish it.
« Last post by ninekorn on July 07, 2018, 01:55:05 pm »
It's not complete though. You're gonna have to give me a little bit more time to get everything else that you asked for covered. Maybe I'll do a second part tomorrow or monday or next weekend!  ;)
« Last post by Wilmore on July 07, 2018, 01:30:29 pm »
Great! Thanks a lot for doing this 8) I’m really looking forward watching this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10